In Recent days I wrote a post depicting a common guy Alamgir Khan, who started Fix It campaign in Karachi. The mission that was started to let municipal authorities and Sindh government know about manholes in Karachi. The response to this campaign was too good that it has now established two offices in Karachi and working all over Pakistan and has achieved many things:
Efforts Done By Fix it:
Here is the list what #Fixit achieved in 1 year.
1) Fixed 33000+ manhole caps.
2) Planted 12000+ plants.
3) Fixit has 1400+ registered volunteers today who are working for this country with utmost dedication and hard work
4) Fixit is about to start an Orphanage.
5) Fixit has installed 35+ #MezbanFridge all over the country from which people get food daily free of cost. Thanks to Javed Afridi who donated these fridges to #Fixit.
6) Fixit has installed 35+ trash bins from which garbage is picked by our volunteers on daily basis.
7) Fixit carried out 17 water borings in water shortage areas which is now providing clean water to the people.
8) Fixit is daily serving food to 200+ people at Fixit office free of cost.
9) Fixit has painted dozens of walls to remove wall chalking and flyovers in Karachi and Hyderabad.
10) Right now Fixit has 3 offices in Karachi which are addressing issues of #AamAadmi and serving people at their door step.
11) On 14th of August Fixit painted, cleaned and planted plants around Wazir Mansion (Quaid-e-Azam House and Quaid-e-Azam’s birthplace).
12) Fixit raised the issue of University Road and protested against the responsible after which construction of #UniversityRoad started finally.
13) Fixit introduced Deewar-e-Meherbani in Karachi from where people get clothes free of cost.